David Bowie once described Berlin as “the greatest cultural extravaganza that one could imagine.” So off we all tootled to ECCO 15 – ESMO 34 – Europes biggest cancer conference with 15,000 delegates arriving over the space of 4 days.
Berlins ICC is a strange place, although as one of the team said, “If there was a nuclear explosion at least wed be safe” – no windows, heavy doors and very easy to get lost in. In fact we spent a good half hour trying to find one of the stands.
The congress though was a huge success though, full of fascinating symposia and we got some great interview coverage for ecancer.tv
Other highlights included
– Watching Dave and Steves sting at the Opening Session and being blown away by how good it was
– All the boys curled up under fluffy blankets after a hard days work – telling stories and listening to some seriously dodgy tunes
– The prof snoozing with the camera crew
– J snoozing during one of the symposia
– The boss fitting in as many flights as poss over the space of 24 hours
Looking forward to Stockholm in 2011!