Social media expert Erik Qualman (@equalman) has produced a video which outlines the profound ways in which social media is affecting the world in 2012, giving us an idea of the potential that is in store for us in the years to come.
“We dont have a choice on whether we do social media, the question is how well we do it.” – Erik Qualman
Some facts from the video:
- Over half of the worlds population is under 30 years old.
- 96% of Millenials have joined a social network.
- If Facebook were a nation, it would be the third largest in the world.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
- If Wikipedia were made into a book it would be 2.25 million pages and would take you over 123 year to read.
Welcome to the revolution.