A recent video marketing survey by The Web Video Marketing Council and Flimp Media shows that 81% of businesses report that they have used video in their online marketing campaigns. Their quarterly report, Q4-2011 Online Video Marketing Survey and Video Email Trends Report has some interesting results. There were 272 respondents across various industries and the results are outlined below:
- 67% of businesses post video to their own sites while 61% post to social media sites
- 52% say theyve used video email marketing and 88% of them stated it had a positive impact
- 64% believe they will see an increase in their video marketing budgets for this year while 17% thought it would remain stable
- 29% said their video marketing budget would drop this year
- 76% believe that online video increases click through rates while 17% say no and 7% say they dont know
- 72% believe that online video marketing raises purchase intent/conversion
In terms of the major barrier to online video in email marketing, 41% say that the availability of video assets was the problem while 25% said ease of implementation. Furthermore, 18% cited cost as a major barrier meaning either they thought video production was too expensive or the implementing of video marketing was too complicated.
Its an interesting report that clearly shows that many businesses realise the potenital of online video marketing but are still challenged by how to go about doing it. One things for certain though, businesses implementing a marketing campaign that includes online video are seeing the results.
Sectors using Online Video Marketing: