Social Media Week Singapore (SMWS)
Speakers at the event:
- Jamshed Wadia – Asia Pacific Social Media Strategist at Intel (@JamshedWadia)
- Rod Strother – Director, Digital and Social Centre of Excellence at Lenovo (@rodstrother)
- Gerald Ang – Global Digital Marketing Leader at GE (@geraldang)
- Damien Cummings – Regional Marketing Director, Digital & Social Media at Samsung Asia (@damiencummings)
- John Kerr – Managing Director, Asia at Zeno Group (@johnkerrnz)
- Christel Quek – Global Social Marketing Manager at Havas Media and Huffington Post Columnist (@ladyxtel)
- Katherine Liew – Social Media Planner at Arc Worldwide (@katherineliew)
- To be successful in social media you need to win the crowd.
- Watch and learn behaviour, then understand the technology before adopting it.
- Work with the communications team to drive branding, content, media and commercialisation through business leads.
- Try to integrate online and offline media.
- The future is social. Not only will roles evolve but everything will develop and it is important to be focused on being an agent of change.
- Be a Behaviourist / Business Owner / Technologist.
- A well-rounded approach would include activity in community management, content strategy & distribution, analytics and insights.
- It is important to listen, understand goals and objectives, provide strategy and frameworks, pilot, analyse and scale.
- Aim to understand the psychology of a person and what you can give them as a social media specialist
- Social CRM is about relationships and social psychology which is crucial to understanding the audience and knowing why people would be willing to interact with brands.
- Social CRM is also about social relationships so you need to understand interactions and the values you can add to people’s lives.
- Become a brand that ‘is’ social rather than a brand that ‘does’ social.
- Listening is hearing with insights. Don’t just hear but listen and connect.
- Digital marketing rocketed from 8% to 24% over the past 3 years in Singapore and Brandcast Media are in the process of setting up an office in Singapore.